- ADVANCED SENSOR TECHNOLOGY AND HIGHER ACCURACY PLUS MAGNET DETECTION LEADING YOU TO LOCATE WOOD METAL STUD AC WIRES QUICKLY - A good stud finder needs a high accuracy and various use. Tavool magnetic stud finder is an electronic Sensor Detector which can well locate studs/wood/AC wires in various wall structures. The MAGNET on the bottom could help confirm the exact metal position at your convenience. You would surely find great use with this magnetic stud scanner
- UPGRATED 6 IN 1 MULTIFUNCTION GIVING YOU MORE DETECTING CHIOCE - Tavool wall scanner includes 5 scanning modes for woods, metals, AC wires and other objects in walls, ceilings etc. Stud modes with 3 depth types would give you a better experience for your different demands, with a detecting range up to 1.5 inches in drywall. Metal mode could detect steel pipes, rebar or copper bits deep up to 2.36 inches, while AC mode for live electrical lines up to 2 inches.
- LARGE LCD SCREEN and EASY TO READ Displaying Stud Material with its Accurate Position - This Tavool digital stud scanner features a large LCD display together with clear sound warning when you are detecting. The LCD display presenting direction and intensity of beeping would indicate whether you are closer to the target. This quick and clear scanning with less time and efforts, could certainly make your project EASIER
- AUTOMATIC CALIBRATION and SIMPLE TO USE - You can easily calibrate this scanner by moving it over the wall until the BEEP sounds and the screen contents disappear. This calibration before your each detection could ensure you more reliability and accuracy. Then just move it around as you need and the stud finder would work efficiently
- ERGONOMIC GRIP and SAFETY - The ergonomic and aerodynamic body design would give you more comfortable experience when you hold this Tavool scanner from any angle. This wall detector can quickly locate studs metals AC wires and avoid you from dangers while hanging pictures, installing TVs or redecorating garage shelves etc
Step 1: Calibrate the device before every scan
After choose the mode, press and hold the scan button (on the side) to calibrate it. Wait until the reducing bars disappear completely and the beep sounds, and then the calibration is completed.
Note: If you want a stud mode, calibrate it on the wall where you want to detect; For AC/Metal mode, please hold it in the air to calibrate it.
Step 2: Scan the wall
Hold down the button, then move the stud finder along the wall slowly. You should re-calibrate it when the scanner gets a shake or lift accidentally
The narrow on the screen together with the beep signal changing, would direct you to find the exact location of the targets.
Tips: If the scanning doesn’t work well, please switch to a proper depth mode, re-calibrate and scanning again for a better location
Step 3: Find the location of the stud
When the signal bar is full and the beep alarm is loudest, it means you find the center of an object. Mark it with your pencil.
Then you can switch to the Metal Scan mode to test whether it is a metal. You could also confirm the metal with the magnet at bottom of this device. If not a metal, it indicates that you find the center of a stud. Then you can drill it to hang something
Tips: For a more accurate metal location range, you can re-calibrate the device at the edge you’ve marked and then scan again.